The Tech Mall provides instructional support to currently enrolled students only in the use of computers, peripherals and software applications.
Our lab provides computers, peripherals, classroom related software, study rooms, and technical assistance.
In addition, the Tech Mall staff provide technical support for the Cuyamaca Helpdesk which services faculty and students. For more information, on what we troubleshoot and provide assistance with, see the Cuyamaca Helpdesk website.
(January 30, 2017-June 5, 2017)
|Monday - Thursday
- 113 PC’s with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- 4 MACS with specialized graphics software
- 1 PC with scanner
- 2 Black/White Laser printers
- 1 Color Laser printer
- 1 Black &White copier
- 3 Group Study rooms
- 1 Video Editing room with 3 PC’s and 1 MAC with specialized software
- Specialized classroom software for classes, i.e. CADD, Graphics, Accounting, etc. See a list of all the software available in the lab.
Student’s Computer Network Account
Each semester, currently enrolled students have a student computer network account automactically created for them. This account allows the student to log into a campus computer or log into the campus Wi-fi with a mobile device. The student network account also comes with a student e-mail and gives students access to the on-line, library database, research resources.
For more details, you can call us at 619.660.4395, visit us in E-121 or read the Student Network Account document.
To ensure a working environment conducive to productivity and in respect of others and the equipment, we ask for your cooperation with the following policies.
- Cell phone use within the Tech Mall is not permitted.
- Food or drink is not permitted.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
Other Important Information
- Cost for print jobs is:
- B&W: $.15 a page
- Color: $.75 a page
- Bring change ($1.00’s or coins, no pennies) for the printers.
- Cost for the B&W copier is $.15 a page
- We also support Student Services by providing an additional location for printing Student ID’s. After you are registered, bring a picture ID and your student ID number and we can print a student ID for you.
- Bring your own audio headphones.
- On-site technical staff is here to assist you. Should you need more intensive help, i.e. one-on-one tutoring, we will direct you to the appropriate resource.
- We do not provide assistance with third-party, software downloads. If you need assistance with a course software, see your instructor or the software web site for assistance.
We hope your experience with us will be rewarding and provide you the support you need to reach your educational goals.
Last Updated: 04/24/2017
Building E, East
(on campus) x 2936
Instructional Computer Facilities