Vision, Mission, and Values
Vision: Learning for the Future
Mission: The mission of Cuyamaca College is to
serve a diverse community of students who seek to benefit from the
college's wide range of educational programs and services.
In order to fulfill its commitment to student learning, the college provides:
that meet student needs for transfer education, career technical
education, general education and basic skills courses
Community education programs and services
Programs that promote economic, civic and cultural development
To facilitate this mission, Cuyamaca
College provides a comprehensive range of support services including:
outreach and access initiatives, academic and learning resources,
student development programs, and multicultural and co-curricular
In support of its mission, Cuyamaca College structures its planning processes and engages
the college community by pursuing the following areas of focus, which
form the foundation of the 2010-2016 Strategic Plan:
- Student Access
- Learning and Student Success
- Value and Support of Employees
- Economic and Community Development
- Fiscal and Physical Resources
- Equitable Access: We value equitable access that facilitates participation in academic programs and support services needed to meet students' educational goals.
- Individual Student Success: We offer courses and programs leading to degrees, certificates, transfer, employment, personal enhancement, and lifelong learning.
- Academic Excellence: We employ a variety of methodologies and technologies responsive to students' needs and conducive to students' varied educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Innovation and Creativity: We value innovation and
creativity in order to encourage our students to question and to expand their thinking.
- Diversity and Social Harmony: We value and embrace diversity and create opportunities for our college community to work together to meet the challenges of a complex global society.
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability: We take pride in our campus and its resources, and we strive to be on the forefront of sustainability and green technology.
- Strong Community Relations: We recognize our role in the
cultural, educational, technological, and economic/workforce development of the communities we serve.