Computer & Information Science
DreamSpark - Free / Discounted Software
What is DreamSpark?
The Microsoft DreamSpark is an annual membership program for
technical departments in the area of Computer Science, Engineering,
and Information Systems. The purpose of the DreamSpark program is to provide Microsoft software at a low cost or free to students for training in technical fields where the Microsoft software is used.
To be eligible you must be a student currently enrolled at least 1 CIS department class. Your membership in DreamSpark is valid only during your enrollment in CIS classes (see the notes below for details). Students
may purchase the software to install on their personal computers. Many software titles are available free to download or available for purchase at a 80-90% discount.
SOFTWARE TITLES AVAILABLE
Below is a partial list of the software titles available
to students enrolled in CIS classes at Cuyamaca. See the DreamSpark
site for a complete list. Most of the titles are free as a direct
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Visio 2010, 2013 Professional
- Microsoft Access 2010, 2013
- Expression Studio 4
- SharePoint Designer 2010, 2013
- Project Professional 2010, 2013
- Visual Studio 2010, 2012
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- SQL Server 2008, 2012
TO GET THE FREE SOFTWARE
- 1) Get the Cuyamaca College - Computer and Information Science - DreamSpark Premium email which was sent to your college email
account. Student email access: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/cc/email.asp
- A welcome email will be sent to all students when an instructor requests the accounts. The email will contain instructions for
activating your DreamSpark account.
This will normally happen during the third
week of the the first semester you enroll in any
CIS class. The automatic email is
only sent one time. You must save the DreamSpark
information for access to the DreamSpark software
in future semesters. The college purges all student email accounts
at the end of each semester.
- All students have a web based email account created
for them when they enroll. The email accounts are email@example.com.
If you are having problems with your college email
account contact one of the CIS lab tech's for assistance.
- Lost your account information: If the information
is not in your in box and you did not save the information
you will need to have your account information resent
to you. Send an email using your college email account
to Cheryl Alvarez at
that your DreamSpark password be reset.
- 2) Login to the DreamSpark web site using the
instructions emailed to you.
- Software distribution is managed through the DreamSpark
- The DreamSpark web site is neither owned or operated by
the college. There may be times when the DreamSpark web
site will not be accessible. Neither Cuyamaca
College or the CIS department receive any compensation
for any purchases.
- 3) Locate the software you want to
order under the software option.
- A credit card is required for payment for software that is NOT listed
- For software offered as a download you may need a CD or DVD to burn a copy of the software before you can install it.
- 4) Choose the delivery option.
Click the "Get It" button. Fill in the order
- You cannot change
your delivery option once an order has been
started. If you select the download option you cannot later change to have a disc shipped to you.
- Orders are processed by the DreamSpark site. There
are no refunds for orders.
See the DreamSpark
site for additional information.
- Some DreamSpark software requires the use of an activation key.
- If your software requires an activation key then it will be displayed on the order page when you download the software. If you
order the software for home delivery then the
activation key will be located on the back of the CD/DVD
- Typically the activation key can only
be used on one computer.
- Support for installation of the software is provided by your instructor.
- The DreamSpark program is operated by Microsoft.
- Software titles must be downloaded during the semester you are enrolled in a CIS class.
- Software keys will not be replaced if lost and may not be
available on the DreamSpark site in the future so be sure to save them in a safe place.
- The CIS department pays a yearly fee to participate
in this program allowing students to legally
purchase software at deeply discounted prices.
- Neither the CIS department nor any college employees
receive any compensation for purchases made through
- Student participation in this program is not
expected or required.
- Faculty manage and maintain this program on a
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010
Office is not included in DreamSpark however it is available at an 80%+ discount
This offer is available to all college students.
With the release of Office 2013 it is possible that Office 2010 could be discontinued at any time. Verify the Office software requirements for your class with your instructor.