Faculty are required to complete flex hours by attending Scheduled Activities or completing Individual Activities. These are paid hours, and forms must be submitted on time to receive the pay.
- Choose activities during Professional Development Week from the Scheduled Activities.
Attend workshops and sign the attendance sheets.
Submit the Record of
Attendance online after Professional Development Week.
- Full Time Faculty: 40 hours per year.
- Adjunct Faculty & Extra Pay: 1 hour for each assigned instructional hour (1 lecture unit = 3 hour, 1 lab unit = 3 hours).
- Review guidelines for individual activities.
- Submit the Individual
Activity Proposal at least a month before the final due date for pre-approval.
- Complete the activity and submit the Completed Activity Form with evidence of completion during the allowed time frame:
- Adjunct Faculty: between professional development week and the 12th week of class (April 25).
- Full Time Faculty: between July 1 and third Friday in May.
NOTE: Completed Activity Forms will be accepted without an approved proposal, but it's to your advantage to have your activities pre-approved.
You may check the status of your hours by logging in to Blackboard. We do send reminders to your WebAdvisor email address when we don't get paperwork, but it is your responsibility to confirm your hours. (Do you need instructions on how to change your WebAdvisor email address?)