Cuyamaca College Library
SLO 4 :
will demonstrate the independent usage of the library
print and non-print collections.
SLO 4 PROPOSAL #1: All works-cited pages examined will contain 50% library sources and library selected websites.
Assessment: Student completes exercise in class utilizing databases; librarian obtains bibliographies created later in semester and evaluates. Librarians examine papers to see that appropriate and varied library sources have been utilized.
1. Each Subject Librarian obtains bibliographies created later in semester and evaluates. Librarians examine papers to see that appropriate and varied library sources have been utilized.
2. Ideal target number of students needed to make this assessment work is 100/semester/librarian. For example, in Fall 2011, librarian will have to gather at least 100 works cited pages and in Spring 2012 another 100 works cited pages. This would increase the reliability of the our research results.
2. Each Subject Librarian will interview faculty to obtain their perspectives on the library. Faculty will be actively solicited b/c they possess expertise in the disciplines and can contribute to collection assessment.
3. Each Subject Librarian can review 100 works cited pages and assess usage of library sources for Fall 2011 and 100 works cited pages in Spring 2012.
4. Each Subject Librarian will prepare a report
documenting methodology, results and recommendations.
RESULTS AND RECOMMENDATION: Sample form for reporting assessment, methodology, results and recommendations