Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
Home » Student Services » CalWORKs » Services


Services We Provide

We offer services on campus and help facilitate services through the County of San Diego and your case worker.

In addition, we provide:

  • Personal, academic, and career counseling
  • Student Educational Plan assistance
  • Coordination of costs for transportation, books and supplies, and emergency costs with the County Health & Human Services
  • Provide school supplies (i.e., notebooks, pens, pencils, paper, dictionaries or whatever is needed for your class at no cost; backpacks when necessary)
  • Childcare funding and referrals
  • Tutoring referrals
  • Work study opportunities on campus
  • Coordination with Welfare-to-Work contractor case manager regarding your Welfare-to-Work plan and 20/30/35-hour work participation activities
  • Assistance with tracking and reporting hours of weekly activities to your case manager
  • Job preparation and placement services
  • Assistance with forms for EOPS, CARE, Financial Aid, and DSPS

Steps to Success:

  1. Fill out an application.
  2. Schedule an appointment with one of our counselors to develop a Student Educational Plan that also meets your required work participation hours.
  3. Work with our staff to assist you with your textbooks, supplies, childcare, and work study or job placement needs.
  4. Understand and commit to the Student Agreements.
  5. Meet with your case manager to develop a Welfare-to-Work plan.
Last Updated: 05/27/2020


Sheryl Ashley
Program Specialist
Phone: 619-660-4340

  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District