Based on revisions to Title 5, the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District has revised its enrollment priorities procedures, to promote student access, success, and equity.
Students will be placed in "groups" based on the criteria below.
- Group 1: Active duty military and Veterans, current and former foster youth up to age 24, CalWORKs, EOPS & DSPS students.
- Group 2: Continuing students with 45-90 GCCCD degree-applicable units.
- Group 3: First-time to college students who have completed assessment, orientation and advising.
- Group 4: Continuing students with 12 or more units but not more than 44.5 GCCCD degree-applicable units.
- Group 5: Continuing students with 0 - 11.5 units.
- Group 6: New Applicants who have applied but not gone through the matriculation process.
- Group 7: Open enrollment - includes students with 90 or more GCCCD degree applicable units.
(Effective Fall 2014)
Enrollment Priority Requirements for ALL
- New students are required to complete orientation, assessment and advising.
- Continuing students cannot exceed 90 degree applicable units and must be in good academic standing.
Petition to Change Priority Registration Status For Continuing Students
For students who fall in the following criteria:
- Student is within his/her final two (2) semesters of degree, certificate and/or transfer completion
- Student is clearly following a defined educational objective
- Student has over 90 degree applicable units within the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District
- Changing your registration priority is granted for a maximum of two semesters, regardless of goal/major change.
- Incomplete requests are not processed, therefore denied.
If you are a Veteran that has been discharged within 4 years, a current or former foster youth under the age of 24, a student enrolled in the EOPS or CalWORKs program or a student receiving services through DSPS, you do not need to complete this petition. Petitions are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no guarantee that your petition will be reviewed in time for the semester requested.
Students may petition for the following semesters during the petition period.
- Summer 2014: March 25th to April 8th