Based on revisions to Title 5, the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District has revised its enrollment priorities procedures, to promote student access, success, and equity.
Students will be placed in "groups" based on the criteria below.
All new students are required to complete orientation, assessment and develop a student education plan in order to be eligible for priority enrollment.
- Group 1: Active duty military and Veterans, current and former foster youth up to age 24, CalWORKs, EOPS & DSPS students.
- Group 2: Continuing students with 45-90 GCCCD degree-applicable units.
- Group 3: First-time to college students who have completed assessment, orientation and developed a student education plan.
- Group 4: Continuing students with 12 or more units but not more than 44.5 GCCCD degree-applicable units.
- Group 5: Continuing students with 0 - 11.5 GCCCD units.
- Group 6: New Applicants who have applied but not gone through the matriculation process.
- Group 7: Open enrollment - includes students with 90 or more GCCCD degree applicable units.
Loss of Enrollment Priority (Applies to all students including Veterans, CalWORKs, DSPS, and EOPS)
Students shall lose their enrollment priority based upon any of the following:
- Student has exceeded the 90 degree applicable units at Grossmont and/or Cuyamaca College
- Student has two consecutive enrolled semesters of any type (progress or academic) probation (Summer is not included)
- New Student has not completed orientation, assessment and created a student education plan
Petition to Maintain Priority Registration Status For Continuing Students
For students who fall in one of the following criteria:
- Student has over 90 degree applicable units at the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District
- Student is within his/her final two (2) semesters of degree, certificate and/or transfer completion
- Student who lost enrollment priority due to two consecutive semesters of probation but has a verifiable extenuating circumstance that led to probation
- Student who lost enrollment priority due to two consecutive semesters of probation but has displayed significant academic improvement from the previous semester
Students may petition for the following semesters during the petition period.
Grossmont College Petition
Cuyamaca College Petition
- Fall 2014: June 18th to July 7th, 2014