How to Obtain Legal (Pleading) Template in MS Word
The normal procedure to start a blank legal format document in MS Word is as follows:
- While in MS Word, select New from the File menu.
- In the New dialog box select New Template option for Create New and select Pleading Wizard.wiz for Legal Pleading tab.
- The wizard starts and in a step-by-step procedure creates the required format of the blank legal document (*.doc) for the legal case under study in My Documents folder of the H:\ drive.
Sometime the wizard cannot finish its task to create the blank page because the final location for the blank page (*.doc) is not set correctly. In this case before clicking New in File menu to get the Legal Proceeding Wizard to work, and allow a student to save *.doc, please do the following (it is suggested that a Lab assistant does the following steps for you:)
- Select Options from Tools menu.
- In the Options dialog box, select the File Location tab
- Under File Types:, click on User Templates
- Click Modify
- Now you are able to redirect where the blank pleading document (*.dot) is to be saved. Find and select the H:/My Documents and then click Finish.
- The Wizard will now save *.dot to your student space the H:/ drive.
- Now repeat steps 1 to 3 above.
Help Desk Menu