Open Computer Lab
The Open Computer Lab provides support to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff in
the use of computers and software applications.
Our lab provides computers, peripherals, classroom related
software, study rooms, and technical assistance.
(01/27/14 - 06/02/14)
- 113 PC’s with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- 4 MACS with specialized graphics software
- 1 PC with scanner
- 2 Black/White Laser printers
- 1 Color Laser printer
- 1 Black &White copier
- 3 Group Study rooms
- 1 Video Editing room with 3 PC’s and 1 MAC with specialized software
- Specialized classroom software for classes, i.e. CADD, Graphics, Accounting,
etc. See a
list of all the software available in the lab.
Student’s Computer Network Account
Each currently enrolled student has a network account automatically created for
them which enables them to access:
- Their network computer account from any computer on campus
- A fast Internet connection
- A personalized e-mail account
- Class-related software applications
- Store a limited amount of work on the college's network
For more details about your student account, how to access, how much space is
available for saved documents, etc. come visit us or read
Network Account document.
To ensure a working environment conducive to productivity and in respect of others
and the equipment, we ask for your cooperation with the following policies.
- Cell phone use within the Open Computer Lab is not permitted. Keep pagers
and phones on "vibration mode". If you get a call, please take your call
outside the building.
- Food or drink is not permitted. We have provided a table for you by the
front entrance to put your items.
- Comply with the
Computer and Network Use policy of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca
Community College District.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
Other Important Information
- We do not have CD burners available. If you need to save a document, use
your student network drive (H:) or an USB flash drive.
- Bring change ($1.00’s or coins, no pennies) for the printers.
We do not provide change!
Cost for print
- B&W: $.15 a page
- Color: $.75 a page
- Bring your own audio headphones. If you do not have any, you may check them
out from the library with a student ID card.
- On-site technical staff is here to assist you. Should you need more intensive
help, i.e. one-on-one tutoring, we will direct you to the appropriate resource.
- We also support Student Services by providing an additional site for printing
Student ID’s. After you are registered, bring a picture ID
and your student
ID number and we can print a student ID for you. It is not necessary
to get a picture ID every semester.
- If you have a previous semester’s student ID, bring it in and we will update
it with a current semester’s sticker. If you lose your ID, you are allowed
1 additional card, at no charge.
- We have a Red Canyon system for the
purpose of tracking your hours for those who are enrolled in CalWorks. It is
located behind the copier.
We hope your experience with us will be rewarding and provide you the support
you need to reach your educational goals.