You will need a Blackboard container to work in while taking the Teaching with Blackboard course. This tutorial will show you how to request a container from the District Information Systems department.
In your browser (IE or Firefox), go to the GCCCD Online web page at www.gcccd.edu/online/
Enter the same User Name and Password that you use for campus email. The User Name is usually your first name, followed a dot, then your last name.
Fill in the form with your information.
(1) Enter your Blackboard Username. If you don't know it, go into WebAdvisor and follow the steps to find out your User ID.
(2) Enter the email address that you want communications about this request to be sent to.
(3) Enter the telephone number that you want communications about this request to be made to.
(1) Select your college
(2) Use the drop-down arrow to select Demo for the Container Type
(3) Type DEMO in the Course field
(4) Type 000 (zero zero zero) in the Number field
(5) Type Teaching with Blackboard in the Description field
Leave lines 2-5 as they are.
You don't need to do anything in the Additional Information area except click on the Submit button.
You will be sent an email that tells you that your container has been created.