Foreign Transcripts

Submitting Your Transcripts

Transcripts (educational credentials) issued in foreign countries from non-American system institutions and those in languages other than English require special handling. Each foreign transcript must be translated into English and submitted to one of the companies listed below for an official evaluation.


It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required documents are submitted to the Admissions and Records office ahead of any deadlines that may affect enrollment, graduation, and eligibility for Financial Aid. 


Cuyamaca College accepts evaluations of foreign transcripts ONLY from the following two (2) Academic Evaluations companies:


  1. Los Angeles Location*
    Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI)
    9854 National Boulevard, Box #186
    Los Angeles, CA 92234 USA

    Monterey Park Location*
    333 W. Garvey Street, Box 254-B
    Monterey Park, CA 91754

    West Los Angeles Location*
    333 W. Garvey Street, Box 254-B
    Monterey Park, CA 91754

    *NOTE: This mailing handling facility accepts; DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. No walk-ins.

    Toll-Free: (800)-234-1597 (US Only)
    Telephone (310) 275-3530
    FAX (310) 275-3528

  2. International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
    P.O. Box 3665
    Culver City, CA 90231 USA
    Web Site
    Telephone (310) 258-9451
    FAX (310) 342-7086


You will need to contact the evaluation company you select for their particular foreign transcripts evaluation procedures. Once completed, have the evaluation report mailed to the Evaluations Office, Cuyamaca College, 900 Rancho San Diego Parkway, El Cajon, CA 92019.


Transcript Evaluation

Cuyamaca College's procedures for the evaluation of foreign transcript:


  1. We must receive a detailed evaluation report with subject breakdowns, course descriptions and grades from the official foreign transcripts. The official report must be in English and in a sealed envelope.
  2. The official report will be reviewed by the Evaluations Office regarding the possible clearing of general education courses for graduation.
  3. English and speech courses on any evaluation report will be awarded elective credit only.
  4. Courses will only be used to satisfy major requirements with the approval of the department on a Modification of Major form.
  5. Courses will not be used for General Education Breadth or IGETC certifications.
  6. Official foreign transcripts will not be required by Cuyamaca College since the official transcripts are submitted to the evaluation service.


If you have questions regarding this procedure, please contact the admissions office at

Removing an Institution From Your Record

If you incorrectly reported on your admissions application having attended any college or university, an official letter of non-attendance will be required in order to have the institution removed from your record at Cuyamaca College.  This applies to both domestic and international post-secondary institutions.  An official letter of non-attendance can be obtained from most institutions in place of an official transcript.  All documents must be delivered to Cuyamaca College in a sealed envelope in order to be considered official.


Translation service will be required if an official letter of non-attendance from any institution outside of the United States is issued in a language other than English. 


For translation service contact:


University Language – A free quote must be requested prior to getting an actual cost of services.

Call Toll Free in the US: 1-800-419-4601

Fax: 1-888-419-4601