All workshop proposals are reviewed and approved by the Professional Development Coordinator.
The Professional Development committee encourages evening workshops (so part-time faculty may attend) and workshops focused on teaching, learning, success, and equity.
With current college goals and initiatives in mind, the committee is especially looking
for workshops related to the following three Achieving the Dream “Big Bets”:
- Guided Student Pathways
- Student Validation and Engagement
- Organizational Health
Workshop Presentation Form
Presenters/facilitators receive two hours Professional Development for every hour
of presentation (2 for 1).
- Submit the Presentations Form.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of the workshop.
- Make all arrangements for handouts, room set-up, and required computer and audiovisual
equipment. The Professional Development Committee will assist if given prior notice.
- Print your attendance roster available in the Vision Resource Center. Ask you attendees
to fill out the online evaluation located on their Learner Transcript in the VRC.
- Take Attendance in the VRC. See video for further instructions.
- If you must cancel, notify the Professional Development Office as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions about your workshop, please do not hesitate to contact the