Latest News And Resources
This section shall stay updated with news articles and sources in relation to DACA
and Undocumented events, political movements and happenings:
JULY 29, 2020
Despite the Supreme Court decision to reinstate the DACA program, the Trump administration
released a memo yesterday that continues to restrict the DACA program.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Current DACA Recipients
- Can continue to apply to renew their DACA
- DACA protections and benefits continue (e.g. deportation protection and work permits)
- Renewal period has been shortened from 2 years to 1 year
- Renewal fee remains $495, but may rise in coming months
New DACA Applicants
- USCIS will not accept any initial DACA applications
- Any initial DACA applications and fees that have been submitted will be rejected and
For furhter information visit the Immigrants Rising webpage.
Apply & Enroll