Cuyamaca College skip to content
Getting Your Degree

You must submit a request for your Associate Degree and/or Certificate of Achievement the term in which you complete your degree requirements.  The deadline to submit your request is listed in the semester calendar section of the Class Schedule.  If you will not complete your course work until the summer following a Commencement Ceremony, you may petition to participate in the ceremony.  Once you have finished your degree requirements, you will then receive your diploma.  Contact the Counseling Office for details.  The form to apply for your Associate degree is available online or in the Admissions and Records Office.

Students who are eligible for graduation will receive a letter from the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs in mid April. This letter will include general information regarding your degree completion and Commencement.

A cap and gown are required for Commencement. There is a fee for the cap, gown, tassel and diploma case. For those graduates who are eligible for Honor cords, there is an additional cost. They are yours to keep as a reminder of your graduation. Caps and gowns will be available in various sizes and may be picked up at the College Bookstore.

In addition, the Transfer Center hosts a Transfer Achievement Celebration each May honoring those students who will be going on to 4 year colleges and universities. 

Page footer information
Cuyamaca College Social Media Cuyamaca College Social Media