There are a wide variety of employment opportunities in this industry. The skills
students develop at Cuyamaca will start them on the road to success.
- Art/Advertising Director
- Creative Director
- Customer Service Representative
- Desktop Publisher
- Display Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Digital or Technical Illustrator
- Marketing Director
- Multimedia Designer
- Office Administrator
- Package Designer
- Real Estate Marketing Assistant
- UX (User Experience) Designer
- Web Page Designer
Some students choose to become entrepreneurs by free-lancing while building their
own independent businesses, while others start their professional journey with professional
Companies are looking for people with:
- Artistic talent beyond software skills.
- Solid design techniques involving color, typography and layout.
- Overview knowledge of the entire development and pre-press and production process.
- Web and interactive designers need to understand front-end and back-end interfaces.
- Verbal and visual communication skills necessary for working with teams and clients.
- An understanding of the business strategies and marketing goals behind the design.
- Able to problem solve and conceptualize on your own while being able to think like
- Enthusiasm for learning the new software and tools that are constantly changing for
It is often a good idea to begin employment prior to completion of the program by
participating in the internship program or freelancing on individual projects commercially.
Things you may be asked to do:
- Produce layouts, ads and presentations
- Convert rough comps to finished press-ready art
- Develop and maintain web and multi-media presentations
- Assist other designers and art directors
- Illustrate for print and online media
- Typesetting, photo masking, create charts and contribute other small components of
a larger project.
- Create logos, identity packages, brochures and packaging.
Your projects in your classes will give you the start of a portfolio to show potential
Apply & Enroll