Enrollment Priority

Based on revisions to Title 5, the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District has revised its enrollment priorities procedures, to promote student access, success, and equity. 

Read our FAQ regarding the new Priority Enrollment Regulations


Students will be placed in "groups" based on the criteria below.  All new students are required to complete orientation, assessment and develop a student education plan in order to be eligible for priority enrollment.

  • Group 1:   EOPS, ARC/DSPS, Foster Youth, Active Military, Veterans, Justice Scholars, CalWorks, Homeless, Students with dependents.
  • Group 2:   Athletes.
  • Group 3:   First Year Experience (FYE) and Freshman Academy (FA).
  • Group 4:   Continuing students with 45-90 completed degree applicable units.  
  • Group 5:   Approved petitions for better priority for students who lost priority.  
  • Group 6:   Middle College. 
  • Group 7:   First time matriculated students. 
  • Group 8:   Continuing students with 12-45 completed degree applicable units. 
  • Group 9:   Continuing students with 0-12 completed degree applicable units. 
  • Group 10: New applicants, matriculated.
  • Group 11: Assigned Open Registration appointments. 

Loss of Enrollment Priority ( Applies to all students including Veterans, CalWORKs, DSPS and EOPS)


Students shall lose their enrollment priority based upon any of the following:

  • Student has exceeded the 90 degree applicable units at Cuyamaca and/or Grossmont College.
  • Student has two consecutive enrolled semesters of any type (progress or academic) probation (Summer is not included).
  • New Student has not completed orientation, assessment and created a student education plan.

As per state regulations, Foster Youth are exempt from losing their enrollment  priority status.


Petition of Loss of Enrollment Priority Status

Students may petition the loss of their enrollment priority based on one of the following criteria:


  • Student who have experienced extenuating circumstances (verified cases of accident, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the student's control that affected their academic performance in the previous semester).
  • Students who have made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average and/or progress standard to be removed from academic or progress probation. 
  • Student who have exceeded 90 units of degree-applicable coursework at GCCCD and enrolled in a high unit major.
  • Students with disabilities who applied for, but did not receive reasonable accommodations in a timely manner.
  • Students who have other specific situations that warrant considerations (e.g. Last term in GCCCD and needs a specific course to graduate or transfer).

Petition Form (PDF)



Related Resources 

Apply and Enroll

Annual Security Report

Update Contact Info