How to Register for Classes
Once a student has submitted an admission application to the college and has participated
in the assessment and orientation process, the next step is to officially register
(enroll) in specific classes through Self-Service.
Video Tutorial: How to Plan & Register for Classes
Length: 5:31 …Register for classes today!
Helpful Guide on How to Register for Classes using Self-Service
Spring 2024: Registration begins November 13, 2023 for students with priority registration dates.
Open registration begins on December 5th.
Summer and Fall 2024: Registration begins April 29, 2024 for students with priority
registration dates. Open registration TBD.
View the class schedule online via Self-Service to find the right classes for you.
Search for Open Classes
Search for open classes on Self-Service. The Open Sections page has the latest list of all classes where seats are still available.
Class Full? Get on the Waitlist
Do not wait until the first day of the semester to get into a class that is full.
Put yourself of the waitlist via Self-Service and be first in line to fill a vacated spot.
Students on the waitlist will be notified if vacancies occur and they are registered
into the class, and will receive an email. Make sure we have your correct email address
on file with the college.
Some things to remember when waitlisting a class:
- Self-Service checks for schedule conflicts for waitlisted courses; don’t waitlist
for a class that meets at the same time or overlaps with a class for which you’re
- Self-Service checks for completed prerequisites, don’t waitlist for a class unless
you have submitted the proper paperwork. Visit the Prerequisite Form page for additional information.
- You can’t be added into a class from the waitlist if you’re already registered in
another section of the same class.
- You will not be able to add a class if doing so will put you over the unit limit for
the semester. You may file a completed and approved Unit Overload, which requires the signature of a counselor. The Unit Overload and Add/Drop Card must be submitted to the Admissions and Records office to register.
- Other blocks may prevent you from registering for a class. Any other blocks will be
identified when you try to register. After any blocks have been identified and cleared
you will be able to add the waitlisted class.
- Beginning the first day of a class, the instructor controls who is registered from