Transfer Degrees


Students looking for an economical way to earn a bachelor’s degree need to look no further than Cuyamaca College. Cuyamaca offers Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) to the California State University system, which means students can complete CSU-credit, lower-division courses they need at a fraction of the cost before transferring to a CSU campus.

Students who are awarded an ADT degree are guaranteed admission as juniors somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program deemed similar to their community college major.

Students must complete a minimum of 60 required semester units of CSU-transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.0 including. While this degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus, especially one that may be impacted, Cuyamaca College provides a relaxed, uncrowded environment where professors have the time to talk to you and counselors are dedicated to your academic success.

Students looking to transfer should be aware of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), which is a general education package which community college transfer students can take to fulfill lower division general education requirements for either the CSU or UC system.

University Link is the guarantee admission program to UCSD for high school seniors and Veterans attending Cuyamaca College.

Transfer Center

Students seeking to transfer to a four-year college or university should talk with a counselor and seek others who have gone this route. The Transfer Center at Cuyamaca College provides up-to-date information to ensure a smooth transition en route to earning a bachelor’s degree. The counseling staff can provide individual academic planning and advising, application and UC TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) reviews, along with help pertaining to the requirements for an Associate Degree for Transfer.

Related Resources 

Apply & Enroll

College Catalog

Class Schedule


Transfer Degree Information