UC Berkeley Transfer Admission
UC Berkeley is among the most selective universities in the country, becoming more
competitive each year. Generally the campus is able to admit about one in three transfer
Academic Criteria - Overview
UC Berkeley reviews all information, both academic and personal, in the context of
each student’s individual circumstances. UC Berkeley admits applicants primarily on
the basis of academic performance and preparation, as assessed by a review of:
- Transfer Applicants must achieve Junior-level standing (60 semester/90 quarter transferable
units completed) by the end of the spring term before transfer.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all transferable college-level coursework for most majors.
- Progress towards completion of major preparation requirements by spring prior to fall
- Completion of lower division prerequisite courses for the intended college and/or
- Completion of the UC English composition, mathematics, and additional subject requirements
by spring prior to transfer:
- Two courses in English composition/critical thinking and writing.
- One transferable math course that has a prerequisite of intermediate algebra or higher.
- Four transferable college courses in at least two of the following subject areas:
arts and humanities, social and behavioral sciences, physical and biological sciences.
- Grade trends
- Personal qualities such as leadership or motivation
- Extracurricular accomplishments
- Potential contribution to the intellectual and cultural vitality of the campus
Apply and Enroll