Safe Return FAQ’s
Q: Will most classes still be online/what percentage of classes will be in-person?
A: Cuyamaca will offer approximately 30% of fall 2021 courses in-person/hybrid modality. There are still a number of courses that will be offered remotely/virtually in fall 2021. The fall schedule is posted on the website.
Q: Will there be a vaccination requirement?
A: At this time, the COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students who plan to attend classes or request an appointment for services on campus. We are working on a process to verify vaccination status and more information is available on the vaccination policy FAQs.
Q: Will masks and social distancing be required?
A: At this time, face coverings and social distancing will be required on campus regardless of vaccination status. Mask and/or face coverings must be worn on campus when you are indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Additionally, masks must be worn outdoors when you are within six-feed of another individual.
Q: Are student services going to be open?
A: Most student services can be accessed in-person by appointment. All student services will still be accessible online for fall 2021.
Q: How will the campus be kept sanitary/safe?
A: The college is implementing a number of health and safety protocols to allow in-person courses to resume safely. New protocol and changes include:
- Improving indoor air quality by updating HVAC filtration systems,
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting standards,
- Requiring face coverings on campus while indoors, and outdoors when within six-feet of another, regardless of vaccine status,
- Hiring staff to assist with information and education about safety protocols,
- Providing face-coverings and hand sanitizer as necessary,
- Installing digital and print signage regarding face-coverings and social distancing, and
- Creating designated outdoor study and eating areas with access to wi-fi.
Additionally, the campus is working to provide access to free COVID-19 testing on campus.