The Articulation Office exists to ensure clear transfer pathways so that students have a smooth and timely transition from Cuyamaca College to a transfer institution. The Articulation Officer develops and maintains course-to-course articulation and transfer agreements with public and private four-year colleges and universities. The Articulation Officer works to ensure that the California State University (CSU) General Education Breadth list, the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Course (IGETC) list, the University of California Transfer Agreement list, and the CSU Baccalaureate list are accurate and appropriate for Cuyamaca College students. The Articulation Officer also helps to ensure compliance with Title V on curricular matters and assists with state projects including Associate Degrees for Transfer and C-ID.


Transfer Degrees

ADT's (AA-T/AS-T) Accepted at SDSU


ADT (AA-T/AS-T) Offered at Cuyamaca College:


Art History


Business Administration 2.0

Child and Adolescent Development

Communication Studies 2.0

Computer Science

Early Childhood Education


Elementary Teacher Education


Environmental Science







Political Science

Public Health Science




Studio Arts


Articulation Agreements

Course-to-course articulation agreements exist between Cuyamaca College and senior institutions. Taking an articulated course at Cuyamaca College means that the course is comparable, or may accepted in lieu of, a course offered at a senior institution. In California, the official repository of articulated courses between community colleges, University of California (UC) courses and California State University (CSU) courses is the “ASSIST” website:


Private / Out-of-State Colleges

Many Cuyamaca College courses transfer to private independent and out-of-state colleges. The vast majority of agreements between Cuyamaca College and private/independent universities are “one-way” agreements, and these agreements delineate how courses from Cuyamaca College (the sending institution) are accepted at the senior institution (the receiving institution). In some cases, there are course-to-course agreements, and in other cases, there are “block” transfer agreements. Students should carefully study and ask questions about what will and will not be accepted upon transfer to an independent or out-of-state senior institution. In addition, students must realize that even if a senior institution agrees to accept courses in a certain manner from Cuyamaca College, that agreement is not always reciprocal. Furthermore, Cuyamaca College cannot accept credits from colleges that are not regionally accredited.

Transfer Agreements with private and out-of-state colleges may be found at: Transfer Agreements - Private & Out-of-State Universities