1. AB 540 exempts students from paying nonresident tuition at the California State University and California Community Colleges when a student is other than a nonimmigrant alien and: 

    1. Attended high school in California for three or more years. 
    2. Graduated from a California high school or attained equivalent such as High School Equivalency Certificate issued by the CA State GED office or Certificate of Proficiency, resulting from the California High School Proficiency Examination. 
    3. Registration as an entering student or current enrollment at an accredited institution of higher education in CA. 

    Please contact the Cuyamaca College Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible and to process your AB 540 affidavit/form

    SB 68 Expands AB540/AB 2000 to exempt students from out-of-state tuition fees. Makes students eligible to apply for the CA Dream Act. 

    1. Attend three years of full-time or the equivalent credits at a CA High School, Adult School, Community College (credit or noncredit), or any combination of the above; OR meet eligibility for AB 2000. 
    2. Graduate from a CA high school, obtain a GED in CA, attain an Associate's degree from a CCC or fulfill their minimum transfer requirements for UC or CSU. 
    3. Not possess a valid non-immigrant visa (unless a T or U visa).
    Differences between in-state tuition (AB 540, AB 2000, AB 68) and the CA Dream Act.

    Related Resources 

    Apply & Enroll

    College Catalog

    Class Schedule