Eligibility for EOPS Programs
- You must be a legal resident of California.
- Have completed less than 70 degree applicable units.
- Have full-time enrollment in a program leading towards a career technical certificate,
associate degree or transfer to a four year institution.
- Have one or more of these educational disadvantages:
- No high school diploma or GED.
- High school grade point average less than 2.5.
- Previous enrollment in remedial education.
- First generation college student.
- Parent's native language other than English.
- Member of under-represented ethnic group.
- Meet income eligibility for a Board of Governors A or B Waiver by:
- Method A: Be a recipient of TANF/CalWORKs or SSI/SSP or General Assistance/General Relief or,
- Method B: Meet income guidelines as determined by the California State Chancellor's office and/or
Health and Human Services.
- The Financial Aid office has more information on the income guidelines.
How Do I Apply for EOPS?
Completing the application process does not mean you are automatically in the EOPS
program. Entry is based on meeting eligibility requirements and program space. You
will be contacted overemail regarding entrance into EOPS.