Eligibility for EOPS Programs
- Be a legal resident of CA or be exempt from paying non-resident tuition
- Have completed less than 70 degree applicable units.
- Have full-time enrollment in a program leading towards a career technical certificate,
associate degree or transfer to a four year institution.
- Have one or more of these educational disadvantages:
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the G.E.D
- High school grade point average less than 2.5.
- Previous enrollment in remedial education.
- First generation college student.
- Parent's native language other than English.
- Member of under-represented ethnic group.
- Meet income eligibility for the CA College Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governors
fee waiver) A or B Waiver by:
- Method A: Be a recipient of TANF/CalWORKs or SSI/SSP or General Assistance/General Relief or,
- Method B: Meet income guidelines as determined by the California State Chancellor's office and/or
Health and Human Services.
- The Financial Aid office has more information on the income guidelines.
How Do I Apply for EOPS?
- Complete the EOPS application EOPS application-Cuyamaca
- Complete the CA Promise Grant application and the Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA). Please contact the Financial Aid Office for the forms.
- Enroll in 12 units of classes at Cuyamaca College.
- Submit all previous college transcripts to the office of Admissions and Records.
Completing the application process does not mean you are automatically in the EOPS
program. Entry is based on meeting eligibility requirements and program space. You
will be contacted over e-mail regarding next steps if eligible.