UP! assists students who are current and former foster youth, homeless, and youth
raised in guardianship. The program provides comprehensive networks or resources and
support that helps strengthen the capacity for students to obtain a college education.
We are a joint collaboration between the EOPS and Financial Aid department.
UP! Application Requirements
- Be enrolled into at least one unit
- Complete the EOPS Application
- Apply for FAFSA and the California College Promise Grant (Formerly BOG Waiver) at
the Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a copy homeless, foster youth and/or guardianship
UP! Services may include:
- Assistance applying for EOPS and/or CARE
- Academic Counseling Appointments
- Faculty and Peer Mentoring
- Life Skill Workshops
- Community Building Events
- Textbook Assistance
- Transportation Assistance Resources
- Housing Referral
- Hygiene Closet (Basic needs supplies)
- Community Lockers
- Personal Counseling Referral
- Access of Food Panty
- Housing Resource – Housing programs available for foster youth http://thpplus.org
- Medi-Cal/Covered til 26 – Free Medi-Cal coverage in California if you were in foster
care in any state at age 18 or older.
- CalFresh – monthly benefits to assist low-income households in purchasing food they
need to maintain adequate nutritional levels. http://www.calfresh.ca.gov/
Check in with your UP! Counselor often for
support, encouragement, advice, and basic resources.
UP! Program Specialist: Raul Enciso (619) 660-4689 Raul.Enciso@gcccd.edu