UP! assists students who are current and former foster youth, homeless youth and youth
raised in guardianship. The program provides comprehensive networks or resources and
support that helps strengthen the capacity for students to obtain a college education.
We are a joint collaboration between the EOPS and Financial Aid department.
UP! Application Requirements
UP! Services may include:
- Academic, Personal, and Career counseling case management
- Community/basic needs resource referrals such as: housing, Medi-Cal, CalFRESH, etc.
- Assistance applying for financial resources such as Chafee grant and scholarships
- Assistance applying for EOPS or CARE
- Life Skills Workshops
- Cohort building events and orientation
- Housing Resource – Housing programs available for foster youth http://thpplus.org
- Medi-Cal/Covered til 26 – Free Medi-Cal coverage in California if you were in foster
care in any state at age 18 or older.
- CalFresh – monthly benefits to assist low-income households in purchasing food they
need to maintain adequate nutritional levels. http://www.calfresh.ca.gov/
Check in with your UP! Counselor often for
support, encouragement, advice, and basic resources.
UP! Foster Youth Liaison: Raul Enciso