Getting Started with Online Classes
Welcome to the EHSM department and online classes. As you prepare for your semester,
please see the information below to help you access and successfully complete your
courses. If you are unsure which classes to sign up for, contact the counseling department
on campus or the Program Coordinator for the EHSM department.
Step 1: To get into a course in the EHSM department, you will need to apply to be a student
at Cuyamaca College. To begin this step go to the following link and follow the instructions.
It may take up to 24 hours to allow your application to be approved.
Apply to College Here
Step 2: To sign up for a class, you will need to log into WebAdvisor. Once in Webadvisor
perform a search for your classes using the semester which you want to enroll, selecting
Cuyamaca College and the selecting the "Environmental Health/Safety" subject. This
should provide you with all the courses for the semester in the department. Select
the courses you need and the section.
Go to Webadvisor Now
Step 3: After you sign up for your classes, it should take 24 hours to see them in Canvas.
Log into Canvas and go to the course. On the Canvas web page for Cuyamaca College,
you will find help links to get you started. It is recommended that you use the help
section to better understand the functions in Canvas.
Go to Canvas Now
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I add or "crash" an online class after the last day of registration?
- Students need to contact the instructor shown on Webadvisor, directly, to be added
to an online class. Instructor emails are found on the department home page or you
can use the STAFF DIRECTORY to locate their information. Please note that students are not allowed to add a course
after the last day to drop for the semester so give yourself at least 24 hours before
the last day to drop to successfully get added. Additionally, if you are not signed
up for a course, it is the instructor's choice to approve your add. If the class
is too far along, the instructor may not allow you to add.
- Where do I find which books I need for my class?
- If the instructor requires a book for the course, you may find this information by
going to the Cuyamaca College Bookstore link and searching your courses. You may also log into the course on Canvas and look in
the syllabus for the book. If the information is pending at the bookstore and your
course is not open on Canvas, I encourage you to email the instructor.
- Where do I access my course to see content, grades, assignments, and other information?
- The courses are provided through Canvas, our online learning management system. To
access Canvas you can go to the Cuyamaca College home page and select the Canvas icon
at the top right of the screen. You will need to log into Canvas to see your courses,
under "Courses" on the left side of the screen. If you are using the Canvas App,
please refer to the Canvas Mobile Guide for information to navigate the App.
- I am logged into Canvas but I still can't see my courses. What do I do now?
- Instructors are still working on courses prior to the semester starting and may not
publish the course until the first day. If you need information about the course
prior to the first day of class, please email your instructor with questions. If the first day of class has started and you are still unable to see the course, please email the instructor. If there is no response from your instructor, contact the Student Help Desk.
- My question isn't on here, who do I contact?
- If you still have questions about your class, contact the instructor listed on Webadvisor.
- If you have a question about your major, or are unsure who to contact, please contact
the Program Coordinator.
- If you have questions about using WebAdvisor or Canvas, contact the Cuyamaca College
- If you have questions about enrolling in classes, general education requirements,
graduation requirements, prerequisites, or transferring, contact the admissions office
- If you have questions about financial aid, please contact the financial aid office.
- If you are a veteran, please contact the campus veteran's office.