Schedule Your Own Appointment
You are now able to schedule your own appointment with someone from the Main DSPS Office and High Tech Center. Cuyamaca's DSPS Department provides currently registered DSPS student the opportunity to ask quick questions that do not require in person appointments. You will need your student ID number..
**Please read each service explanation
DSPS Counselors/Specialists are available for virtual and in-person appointments for Cuyamaca DSPS students only. If you are not currently not registered with Cuyamaca DSPS your appointment will be canceled.
Please follow the Steps to Enroll to determine eligibility for DSPS services.
Appointments (Virtual and In Person)
- To schedule an appointments please call our main office at 619-660-4239 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Services provided through virtual and in-person 15-minute Drop-in Appointments are availabe during priorty registration and the first 3 days of Fall and Spring semester (Frist come first serve basis): Quick questions; update Academic Adjustment form, One semester ed planning. discuss academic status (probation/dismissal), add/drop classes, EOPS reduced course load letter,
DSPS Drop-in appointments are available the week of priority registration and the first 3 days of each semester. 15-minute virtual and in-person, Drop-in appointments are available for Same-Day scheduling only and are on a first come first serve basis. If no appointments are available, please check back the next business day.
- Services provided through live 60-minute Appointments: DSPS Intake for new students, disability management,educational planning (one semester & comprehensive), Personal Attendant Agreement form, success strategies, financial aid petitions (consortium agreement & appeals), Admissions & Records petitions, personal/crisis counseling, choosing a Major, and Career Counseling.
- To schedule an appointments please call the High Tech Center at
- 619-660-4299 or email at email@example.com
- Alternate Media (digital text books, enlarged text, Learning Ally, etc...)
- Assistive Technology (Kurzweil, Fusion, JAWS, Adobe reader, digital recorders, FM loop system and Otter ai.
- Registration assistance, Canvas assistance, Self-Service assistance
You are able to ask questions to any of the following DSPS services
- DSPS Main Office: 619-660-4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video phone for the Deaf: 619-567-4275
- High Tech Center: 619-660-4299 or email@example.com
- Test Proctoring: 619-660-4577 or firstname.lastname@example.org