Azure Dev Tools for Education
NOTE: Microsoft changed the name from Imagine to Azure Dev Tools spring 2019
What is Azure Dev Tools ?
The Microsoft Azure Dev Tools is an annual membership program for technical departments in the area of Computer
Science, Engineering, and Information Systems. The purpose of the Azure Dev Tools
program is to provide Microsoft software at a low cost or free to students for training
in technical fields where the Microsoft software is used.
To be eligible for support you must be a student currently enrolled at least 1 CIS
department class. Your membership in Azure Dev Tools is valid only during your enrollment in CIS classes
(see the notes below for details). Students may purchase the software to install on
their personal computers. Many software titles are available free to download or available
for purchase at a 80-90% discount.
SOFTWARE TITLES AVAILABLE
Below is a partial list of the software titles available to students enrolled in CIS
classes at Cuyamaca. See the Azure Dev Tools site for a complete list. Most of the
titles are free as a direct download.
- Windows 10
- Visio 2019 Professional
- Microsoft Access 2016
- SharePoint Designer 2016
- Project Professional 2016
- Visual Studio 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016
- and more
TO GET THE FREE SOFTWARE -
Updated information will be published Aug 14
Here's how to get the software:
- 1) Get the Cuyamaca College - Computer and Information Science - Azure Dev Tools Premium
email which was sent to your college email account. Student email access: http://www.gcccd.edu/it/email/email-accounts.html
- A welcome email will be sent to all students when an instructor requests the accounts.
The email will contain instructions for activating your Azure Dev Tools account. This will normally happen during the third week of the the first semester you enroll
in any CIS class. The welcome email is only sent during your first semester in a CIS course. You must save the Azure Dev Tools information for access to the Azure Dev Tools software in future semesters. The college purges
all student email accounts at the end of each semester.
- All students have a web based email account created for them when they enroll. The
email accounts are email@example.com. If you are having problems with your
college email account contact the student helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost your account information: If the welcome e-mail is not in your in inbox you will need to have your account
information resent to you. Send an email using your college email account to Sherri
Braaksma at email@example.com requesting that your credentials be resent.
- 2) Login to the Azure Dev Tools web site using the instructions emailed to you.
- Software distribution is managed through the Azure Dev Tools site.
- The Azure Dev Tools web site is neither owned or operated by the college. There may
be times when the Azure Dev Tools web site will not be accessible. Neither Cuyamaca
College or the CIS department receive any compensation for any purchases.
- 3) Locate the software you want to order under the software option.
- Most software is FREE. If the software is not Free then a credit card is required
- For software offered as a download you may need a USB drive, CD or DVD to burn a copy
of the software before you can install it.
- 4) Choose the delivery option. Click the "Get It" button. Fill in the order form.
- You cannot change your delivery option once an order has been started. If you select the download option you cannot later change to have a disc shipped to
- Orders are processed by the Azure Dev Tools site. There are no refunds for orders.
See the Azure Dev Tools site for additional information.
- Some Azure Dev Tools software requires the use of an activation key.
- If your software requires an activation key then it will be displayed on the order
page when you download the software. If you order the software for home delivery then
the activation key will be located on the back of the CD/DVD case.
- Typically the activation key can only be used on one computer.
- Support for installation of the software is provided by your instructor.
- The Azure Dev Tools program is operated by Microsoft.
- Software titles must be downloaded during the semester you are enrolled in a CIS class.
- Software keys will not be replaced if lost and may not be available on the Azure Dev
Tools site in the future so be sure to save them in a safe place.
- The CIS department pays a yearly fee to participate in this program allowing students
to legally purchase software at deeply discounted prices.
- Neither the CIS department nor any college employees receive any compensation for
purchases made through this program.
- Student participation in this program is not expected or required.
- This program is maintained on voluntary basis.
Office is not included in Azure Dev Tools however it is available as a free download
to students enrolled at Cuyamaca College. View details
Apply & Enroll