You can apply online or in person. See the college Apply and Enroll page for details.
Once you are enrolled, you can use WebAdvisor to sign up for classes.
Many students take courses listed in a degree or certificate program. Our course description links in the left menu provide details that can help
you understand course content and prerequisites. Our Counseling Department offers
support and advice, and you can also contact a CIS Instructor for advice.
- Networking, Security, System Administration: Curtis Sharon
- Web Development: Jodi Reed
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Cabling: Tim Phillips
- Computer Science: Roger Mitchell
Many instructors allow CIS and CS students to sit in the back of the room during class.
You are also welcome to use the Tech Mall
located in E-121.
You may be able to replace a course with another that is more challenging or appropriate
for your goals. Modification of Major forms are available in the counseling office
and on the Admissions and Records forms
web page and must be signed by the CIS Department Coordinator.
Instead of attending lectures on campus, online students use the Canvas learning management
system, textbooks, online materials (readings, slides, videos, etc.), and lab activities
to learn. Students are responsible for completing all class activities. Usually you'll upload work, participate in online discussions, and take online quizzes. You
may need to come to campus for an orientation and/or final exam. Your teacher will
answer questions and give feedback via Canvas.
Here's what you need to be able to succeed:
- Access to a computer with the course software installed.
- Reliable high speed Internet access.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Solid experience with Internet and with Windows or iOS. (Can you install applications and troubleshoot problems?
Can you browse the web and send an e-mail attachment?)
- It REALLY helps to like reading and writing.
- You'll need to participate in the course communication and log in to Canvas regularly.
For more information, see the College Online Learning website.
Apply and Enroll