UMOJA is a student success program and commUNITY designed to enhance the educational
experiences of our Black students and provide support for personal, educational, and
professional development. We actively serve and promote student success through a
curriculum and pedagogy responsive to the legacy of the African and African American
- Priority Registration
- Dedicated UMOJA Counselor
- Tutoring and Academic Supports
- Fellowship and Comradery with Staff and Fellow UMOJA Students
- Financial Supports and Scholarship Opportunities
- HBCU, CSU, and UC College Tours
- Student Conferences and Travel
- UMOJA Events for Students
- Be enrolled as a Cuyamaca College student
- Complete UMOJA Application
- Complete UMOJA orientation
- Attend 1 workshop/event per semester
- Meet with UMOJA Counselor once a semester and have an Education Plan
Steps to Join UMOJA Today!
Schedule Counseling Appointment
Sign UMOJA Contract
Upcoming Black History Month events!
More info here!
UMOJA Coordinator / Counselor
Follow us and stay connected!