The UMOJA Scholars program at Cuyamaca College is a student success program aimed
for closing the equity and achievement gaps for students that identify as Black, African,
and/or African American, which are disproportionately impacted.
Being a student in our program affords you the following benefits:
- Creating long lasting relationships/friendships
- Learning Community
- Enrolling in UMOJA Supported Classes such as COUN 120 and COUN 140
- Tutoring and Academic Support
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance
- Information regarding Transfer Admission into UC, CSU and Historically Black College
and Universities (HBCU's)
- Cultural Events
- Participation in local and state-side conferences
- MUCH MORE!!
UMOJA Coordinator / Counselor