Current CalWORKs Student Procedures

Intake Paperwork

Intake paperwork is required every academic year.  Go to the Forms tab to download them.  Save the individual forms and email them to us at

Financial Aid (FAFSA)

In order to receive financial aid, you must fill out the FAFSA every year starting on October 1.  Click here  for the FAFSA application.  Click here  to go to the Financial Aid webpage where you can find much more information.  Every student is assigned a Financial Aid Advisor to get specific individual questions answered.  Click here to find your advisor.


The majority of CalWORKs students are eligible for the enrollment fee waivers called California College Promise Grant(CCPG) (formerly BOGW).  The waiver is for low income students.  You must fill out the FAFSA to qualify for it.  You may also be eligible for all other fees to be waived.  If you find that you are being charged any fees, let us know.  The CalWORKs office can provide documentation to the Financial Aid Office to have these fees reversed or, if you have paid the fees, issue a refund. Please email us at or call the office at 619-660-4340 and leave a message.  A staff member will contact you to arrange this. 

CalWORKs Information Sessions

These sessions happen by Zoom on the forth Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m.  This is a chance to ask staff and counselors questions to get immediate answers.  It also gives us a chance to check in with you and how you are doing.  We are able to provide translation for Arabic and Spanish speakers as needed.  Invites with a registration link will be sent out by email to active CalWORKs students the week before the next session.

New Student Orientation

The New Student Orientation is where you learn about the CalWORKs Program at Cuyamaca, procedures, services, academic planning, work study, and other important information.  This is required for every new student and you only have to do it once.  If you do not do the orientation, you will lose priority enrollment.


We are not doing in-person orientations at this time due to COVID-19.  We have created a video in Canvas for you to view either in English or in Arabic.  We will be notified once you complete the video and then we will update our records that you've done so.


Orientation Link for English Speaking Students:


Orientation Link for Arabic Speaking Students: 

Individual Training Plan (ITP)/Semester Education Plan (SEP)

For every semester you are enrolled, it is required for you to meet with a counselor to prepare your ITP.  This plan lists the approved courses per your educational objective and the hours for classes, labs, and study time.  The ITP is required by the County of San Diego.  It is the authorizing document for you to receive Welfare-to-Work activity hours, required books and materials, childcare, transportation, and other supportive services.  There must be an employable major and/or educational goal listed. 


Call the office at 619-660-4340 and leave a message.  A staff member will contact you to schedule the appointment.  Or you can send us an email at and someone will contact you to schedule.

Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP)

Comprehensive Education Plans are done to provide a roadmap to help you get to your educational goal.  It will show the classes that you need to take to complete an associate degree, certificate, or transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree.  A CEP is required for each student.  You will meet with a counselor to work on this together.  If your educational goal changes, you'll need to get a new CEP.  You will be contacted when it is time to do a first or an updated plan to schedule a counseling appointment.  An exempt student cannot receive supportive services unless there is a CEP on file.

Student Supplies During COVID-19

Since our office is closed we cannot issue a supply bag to students as normal.  We are arranging drive-though events to distribute supplies to our active CalWORKs students per term. 

Hours Verification 116 Form

You are required to turn in your activity hours monthly using the 116 form by the 5th of the month to your worker at PCG/ResCare.  NOTE: Since our office is closed, we can no longer accept and stamp off your forms.  You will need to send it to your worker yourself.  If you need an email address for your worker, go to the Resource page and scroll down to the "Health & Human Services" section to find the roster for either PCG or Equus (ResCare). 


The 116 form is available on our forms page.  Click here to go to the Forms tab to download it and It's available in English and Arabic.