We offer the following services and help facilitate supportive services through the
County of San Diego and your case worker. We also advocate for or assist students
with issues or questions with WTW or County of San Diego staff as requested.
In addition, we provide:
- Personal, academic, and career counseling
- Wrap-around support and multiple touch-points per semester
- Priority registration
- Student Educational Plan assistance and the ITP (individual Training Plan)
- Coordination of costs for transportation, books and supplies, and emergency costs
with the County Health & Human Services
- Provide school supplies twice a year (i.e., notebooks, pens, pencils, paper, dictionaries
or other items needed for your classes at no cost; backpacks when necessary)
- Childcare funding at the Cuyamaca College Child Development Center and referrals
- Tutoring referrals
- CalWORKs work study opportunities on campus (click here for information and eligibility requirements)
- Coordination with your Welfare-to-Work contractor (PCG or ResCare) case worker regarding
your Welfare-to-Work plan and 20/30/35-hour work participation activities
- Assistance with tracking and reporting hours of weekly activities to your case manager
(required 116 form)
- Provide supportive services for students exempt from Welfare-to-Work. Click here for more information.
- Job preparation and placement services
Steps to Success:
- Fill out intake forms. Got to Forms page. Forms are available in English and Arabic. They can be emailed to the general
CalWORKs email: email@example.com.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our counselors to develop a Student Educational
Plan that also meets your required work participation hours.
- Work with our staff to assist you with your textbooks, supplies, childcare, and work
study or job placement needs.
- Understand and commit to the Student Agreements.
- Meet with your PCG or ResCare worker to develop a Welfare-to-Work plan.