SUBMIT A WORKSHOP
All workshop proposals are reviewed and approved by the Teaching & Learning Coordinator.
The Professional Development committee encourages evening workshops (so part-time faculty may attend) and workshops focused on teaching, learning, success, and equity.
The committee is especially looking for workshops related to achieving the college's
Vision, Mission, & Values, and strategic priorities:
|Vision, Mission, Values
- Vision - Equity, Excellence, and Social Justice through Education
- Mission - Cuyamaca College advances equity and social justice through student-centered and innovative
approaches to education. We strive to create unique and meaningful learning experiences
that build upon the strengths and socio-cultural experiences of our diverse student
population and the communities we serve by providing programs that lead to certificates,
degrees, transfer, career opportunities, and ultimately social and economic mobility.
- Values - Student-centered, Equity, Student Success, Innovation, Excellence, Social Justice,
- Increase Equitable Access, Persistence, and Completion
- Eliminate Equity Gaps in Course Success, Persistence, and Completion
- Increase hiring and retention of diverse employees
- Submit workshop to the Teaching & Learning Coordinator via the Submit a Workshop form.
- If there are questions about your presentation the Teaching & Learning Coordinator
will contact you.
- The Teaching & Learning Team will email you the sign-in sheet for you to use during
your workshop. We will make sure the meeting attendance is uploaded accurately into
- Take attendance for each meeting you are facilitating
- For remote or HyFlex meetings, we encourage you to copy the link and drop it in the
chat at the beginning and end of your meeting so participants can add themselves to
the sign-in sheet.
- For face-to-face meetings, you can print out the sign-in sheet and have attendees
write their names or you can take attendance yourself and add the participant names
to the google doc. The names will need to be added to the google doc regardless of
how you choose to take attendance.
- If you must cancel, notify the Teaching & Learning Team as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions about your workshop, please do not hesitate to contact Cuyamaca
Teaching & Learning Team at Cuyamaca.TeachLearn@gcccd.edu.