If you would like to request Professional Development credit for activities outside
of the Vision Resource Center, please complete an External Training Request Form. External training must be professionally appropriate, described in detail, and aligned
with Title 5.
If you are a faculty member, your submission will be reviewed by the Teaching and
Learning Coordinator. If you are a classified staff member, your submission will be
routed to your manager for approval.
VRC Administrator | email@example.com
Teaching & Learning Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete all of the required fields
- Training Description - In order to get your request approved, please provide the
- Name of event/activity
- Description of event/activity
- Explanation of how the event/activity relates to your work as an instructor and/or
- Attach relevant documentation that demonstrates the following:
- The completion of the requested professional development event/activity
- How you are using what you learned to inform your work as an instructor and/or counselor
Each attachment can be up to 1 MB in size; a maximum of 15 attachments can be added.
After selecting the appropriate attachments, click save to attach the documents.
- Verify the information entered is correct and click submit.
- You will receive a message indicating whether your request has been approved or not.
If your request is not approved, you will receive an explanation why.
- After your External Training Request form has been approved, mark the training complete
on your VRC transcript.
- You cannot mark an External Training complete until the end date you entered has passed.
We appreciate your commitment to professional development!