Fall 2023 Student Resources
Welcome to the Fall 2023 semester at Cuyamaca College!
I know the start of the semester is a time for many questions and maybe even a little anxiety. I want to make sure you have answers to some of the most asked questions about the first week of classes and assure you that the faculty, staff, and administration are committed to serving and supporting you and your educational goals. We are a small college that takes pride in being accessible and providing personalized service.
Please read on to learn more about what is happening on campus and how we continue to adapt to better serve all our students. Hang on to this email, there’s a lot of good information here.
Preparing for the Semester
All campus offices are open for walk-in service. You can also access all student services virtually.
Parking permits are NOT required for the Fall 2023 semester. You are reminded to park only in student spaces. Parking in staff, reserved, or disabled parking spaces without proper permits will result in ticketing.
The Bookstore is open for in-store purchase and pick-up, Monday–Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The Bookstore is located on the lower level of the I-Building/Student Center.
Need to make a payment? The Cashier’s Office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. It is located on the ground floor of the G-Building.
Learning Resource Center and Library
With a new semester, you may need help with technology or tutoring. We can help.
· The Help Desk can assist students with troubleshooting technical difficulties associated with student accounts (e.g. email, Canvas, etc.)
· The Tech Mall provides access to computers, use of a scanner/printer/copier, and/or a quiet study area.
· There are six printing stations located around campus, in Student Services (G-100), EOPS/CalWorks (G-300), the STEM Center (H-100), the Writing Center (B-167), the Tech Mall (E-121), and the Library (C-137).
· Laptops are available for checkout in the library on Monday, August 21, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. To request a laptop connect with any of your instructors to request a Student Technology Request form. A student or photo ID and student number are required to pick up a laptop.
· Fall Tutoring is available starting August 21. In-person tutoring will be available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Online tutoring via Zoom will be available Monday through Friday, from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tutoring is free for all students.
MTS Bus Passes
The popular and familiar semester-length bus pass from MTS is now called “PRONTO.” It is available at the Cuyamaca College Cashier’s Office for $178.00, and a student monthly bus pass is $57.60.
There are many ways to be involved in student life. Student Affairs has information on student government, clubs, and special events. Visit their webpage to learn more.
Food Services on Campus
With the start of the new academic year, Cuyamaca College will partner with a new campus food provider. Genuine Foods is working to get campus food centers operational in phases.
During the week of August 21, they will begin opening the coffee stand on campus (located on the second floor of the student center/I-Building). In the coming phases, they will open the Coyote Store and expand grab-and-go items, and finally, they will re-open the grill.
Health and Wellness Support
Our Health and Wellness Center continues to support your health and well-being while you are enrolled. Personal counselors are available to help by discussing, processing, and working through challenges. Our nursing staff are available for support and questions.
Our Campus and Parking Services Team is available to you and can be reached at 619-644-7654. Please connect with them for:
· a safety escort from your classroom to your vehicle/public transit,
· vehicle battery jumps and unlocks, and
· lost and found.
Additionally, Cuyamaca College has a full-time Sheriff on our campus. We share the responsibility for safety, if you see something, say something. Your partnership in keeping our campus safe is appreciated.
Student Services and Support
As a reminder, all student services continue to be offered in-person and remotely. You will find information on all campus services on the Student Help Center on the website. Many student services departments use a system that allows you to book virtual appointments online. If you have a quick question, emails, and phone numbers are also located on each department’s web page. Our offices are open and we welcome you in person for services as well.
There are many ways to connect with us, I also invite you to engage in Welcome Week events. From August 21 – 25 a variety of events are scheduled – in-person/on campus and virtually – to support you. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about all the programs and services available to you as a Coyote, to meet members of the Cuyamaca team and a chance for some fun!
Throughout the semester, and perhaps right now you may be feeling overwhelmed, I understand. Like many of you, I was a first-generation college student at CuyamacaCollege, and I am now a proud alumna. We are all here to help you. I look forward to seeing many of you during Welcome Week. I hope you will introduce yourself, and I will do the same!
Dr. Jessica Robinson, MSW